Beauteco’s top tips for taking care of your fingers and toes:
- Find a length and shape to suit your lifestyle. This has got to be our number one tip because if you have a crazy lifestyle with unmanageable nails, all the lotions, potions and willpower in the world will not help you maintain your nails.
- Hydrate. When it comes to strong, healthy nails cuticle oil works wonders! We advise our clients to use it twice a day to hydrate the nail bed and stimulate growth in their nails. Try Orly Colour Blast Nail Treatment Argan Cuticle Oil (£10/11ml)
- Strengthen. There really are some amazing nail strengtheners on the market at the moment and with continual use our clients are reaping the benefits. Their nails are growing longer, chipping less and flaking nails become a thing of the past. Try Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails (£4.75/13ml)
- Use tea tree oil. The miracle worker of the essential oil world and a must have for every household. Not only can we advise our clients to use it for cuts, scrapes and spots; but it does wonders for nail infections which are a common occurrence these days.
- Pamper. The more do, the more you pamper. We see a lot of very sporty clients only coming in for pedicures once every so often, the result…terrible feet! Our last tip is that the clients with more active lives do more at home on a regular basis to take care of their tired toes and worn out hands.