- Mix together butter and biscuits. Press into the base of a 20.5cm (8in) round loose-based tin. Chill for 10 minutes to firm.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. In a saucepan heat the cream until almost simmering then pour over chocolate. Stir well until chocolate has melted then leave to cool.
- Beat cheese until soft. Fold into chocolate cream and mix well. Spoon over biscuit base and smooth the surface. Cover with cling film and chill for 8 hours, or preferably overnight, until set.
- Place cranberries, sugar and juice in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Bring slowly up to boil, then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Reserve 12, then blend the rest of cranberries until smooth. Unmould the cheesecake. Decorate with chocolate and cranberries and serve with cranberry coulis.
Recipe from A Dairy Diary's 'Five Fantastic Festive Recipes' visit www.dairydiary.co.uk for more seasonal recipes.
The 2016 Dairy Diary, published by Eaglemoss, is priced at £7.99 (plus P&P). To order a copy please visit www.dairydiary.co.uk or call 08450 948 128.
For more lip-smacking desserts to tuck into this winter, grab the latest issue of Yours.
This cheesecake can be a festive dessert, or served up as a teatime treat, always use full fat cream cheese for the best result
75g (3oz), melted butter 200g (7oz), crushed ginger nuts 350g (12oz) good quality white chopped, plus extra, shaved to decorate 150ml (¼ pint) double cream 500g (1lb 2oz) full fat cream cheese 150g (5oz) frozen cranberries 125g (4½oz) caster sugar 125ml (4fl oz) orange juice
Time: 45 mins Serves: 8-10 Nutrition: Kcal 678, Fat 51g, Sat fat 31.4g