- Cut the bread into thick slices and grill or toast for 2-3 mins until golden.
- Mix together the cheese, mustard, spring onions and yogurt together with the egg yolk. Whisk together and add the flour, mix again.
- In a separate and clean bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks, gently fold the whites into the cheese mix.
- Spread the mixture over the toasts and pop back under the grill until set, bubbling and golden.
- Serve straight away with a green salad.
This recipe is from Rachel's Organic Yogurt.
For more recipes grab the latest issue of Yours.
The traditional recipe uses stout or ale, if you want to try this you may need to increase the flour and add another egg yolk
1 sourdough loaf or baguette 200g strong Welsh cheddar cheese 1 tsp dijon mustard 2 spring onions 100g Rachel's Natural Yogurt (low fat or fat free natural) 2 eggs, separated 1 tbsp plain flour
Time: 5 Serves: 4 Nutrition: Kcal 891, Fat 25.9g, Sat Fat 11.9g