- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / fan 180°C / gas mark 6.
- Lightly grease 6 ramekins or oven proof espresso cups with a little butter.
- Divide the chopped dates equally between the ramekins or cups and sprinkle the white chocolate and the chopped nuts over the top of the dates, again equally dividing between the ramekins or cups.
- Place the dark chocolate, butter, milk and caster sugar in a heavy based saucepan and gently heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, baking powder and the cream of tartar into the dark chocolate mixture until evenly combined.
- Gently fold in the ground almonds and divide the mixture evenly between the four ramekins or cups.
- Bake in the centre of the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until the surface is cooked but soft and fudge-like in the centre.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or clotted cream.
Recipe from Whitworths.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The perfect pud for a 'date' night
100g Chopped Dates 50g White Chocolate, broken into pieces 40g Toasted Chopped Mixed Nuts 75g Dark Chocolate, broken into pieces 75g Unsalted Butter 75ml Semi-skimmed Milk 60g Caster Sugar 2 Medium Eggs, whisked 1tsp Vanilla Extract 1/4 tsp Baking Powder A pinch of Cream of Tartar 50g Ground Almonds
Time: 30 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a