- 2 Tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 12 Raw prawns, peeled and deveined, and halved length ways
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 100g Bean sprouts
- A Head of romaine lettuce separated into leaves
- Handful of Thai basil leaves
- Handful of coriander, leaves picked
- Handful of mint leaves
- ½ Carrot peeled and cut into matchsticks
For the Nuoc Cham Sauce:
- 2 red Thai bird’s eye chillies, deseeded if you prefer
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Rehydrated tamarind paste
For the pancake:
- 1 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 200ml Coconut milk
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Finely sliced spring onion
- 4 Free range egg whites
- The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for frying
- First make the pancake batter. In a food processor, mix together the flours, turmeric, coconut milk, salt, and egg whites, and blitz until smooth.
- Stir in the spring onions, and set to one side.
- For the Nuoc Cham sauce, mix together the chillis, lime juice, fish sauce, coconut sugar and tamarind paste in a bowl, and set to one side.
- In a small nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the organic virgin coconut oil over a medium heat until very hot.
- Add the onions and fry for 1 minute, followed by the prawns and carrots, and stir fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Next stir through the oyster sauce, soy sauce and bean sprouts. Remove from the heat and spoon out onto a plate.
- Return the pan to heat, adding a teaspoon of oil. Ladle the pancake batter into the pan, tilting to spread evenly, and cook until the pancake is just starting to crisp.
- Add half the prawn mixture to the pan, cover, and cook for a further 2 minutes, until the underside of the pancake is crisp.
- Fold the pancake in half and cook for a further two minutes, until the outside of the pancake is crisp and the inside is soft but cooked.
- Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter and filling.
- To serve, cut the pancake into slices, bundle it into a lettuce leaf and wrap with some extra herbs. Dip into the sauce and scoff!
Preparation time: 20 mins
If you find the sauce a little spicy, this dish is tasty enough to enjoy without it.