- Boil a kettle. Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ 425°F/ Gas Mark 7. Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the onion(s). Place an ice pack or loose ice cubes into a bowl of cold water for step 2.
- Add the eggs to a pot of boiling salted water (the salt prevents them from cracking) on a high heat.
- Boil for 8 min for perfect mid-boiled eggs. After the 8 min, scoop the eggs out, dunk them into the ice bath and set aside. Re-boil the kettle for.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to a baking tray lined with tin foil and fold the edges around the tomatoes to collect the juices. Drizzle them with a 1/2 tbsp (1 tbsp) of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Add the cashew nuts to the other end and put the tray in the oven for 7 min, until the cashews have coloured slightly, then remove the cashews to cool.
- Return the tomatoes to the oven until serving, for approx 25-30 mins. Meanwhile, dissolve the stock cube(s) in 800ml (1.6L) of boiled water. Add the saffron to the stock and stir well until it’s a bright yellow colour.
- Heat a large wide-based pan with 2 tbsp (4 tbsp) of vegetable oil over a high heat. Once hot, add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook the onion for 5 mins, then add the curry powder and cook for a further 2 mins until the onion is softened.
- Add the rice and sultanas, and stir until both are evenly coated in oil and spice Add the stock to the rice, a ladle at a time, stirring frequently for 15-20 mins, until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is cooked. The more you stir, the creamier the rice will become. Meanwhile, peel the eggs and slice them in half. Chop the cashew nuts coarsely. Chop the coriander roughly.
- Slice the lemon into wedges. Serve the cooked creamy rice in bowls with the eggs, tomatoes, nuts and coriander to garnish. Serve the lemon wedges on the side.
To get delicious recipes and the fresh ingredients to create them delivered to your door visit: Gousto, which will give you a special discount code for the first time you order.
For more classic recipes and breakfast bites, grab our latest issue of Yours, which is out every fortnight.
This dish is a play on the classic breakfast dish ‘kedgeree', however this veggie version has no fish or dairy.
Salt Pepper vegetable oil/Olive Oil 1 onion 1 lemon 30g sultanas 4 eggs 250g cherry tomatoes 1 vegetable stock cube 160g arborio rice 1 tbsp curry powder 1 pinch of saffron 10g fresh coriander 30g cashew nuts
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a