1 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 carrots, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, trimmed
1 swede, peeled and finely chopped
1 litre (1¾ pt) vegetable stock
400g (14oz) tin chopped tomatoes
75g (3oz) soup mix, rinsed (see tip)
400g (14oz) tin cannellini beans, drained
100g (3½ oz) green beans, chopped
Grated parmesan and chopped parsley to serve
- Fry the leek, carrots, celery and swede in the olive oil for 4-5 mins until the leek is tender.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and soup mix and bring to the boil. Simmer covered until the lentils and grains in the soup mix are tender.
- Stir in the beans and simmer for a further 4-5 mins. Season to taste and serve with parsley and parmesan.
- Soup mix is a mixture of dried legumes and grains such as split peas, pearl barley and lentils and can be found in most supermarkets
- Recipe from Good Medicine
- For more great recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fornight, on a Tuesday.
Serve with a crusty brown roll to make for a delicious meal!
Nutrition: 202 calories, 5.6g fat, 10g sugar, (sat fat 1g)