- Cut the turkey breast steaks into thirds.
- Lay between 2 pieces of cling film and flatten slightly with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Dip each piece into the egg and then press well into the panko crumbs to coat.
- Meanwhile, place the avocado, chives and half the lime juice in a bowl and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Squeeze the tomatoes over the sink to discard the seeds and juice. Tear the squashed tomatoes and place into a bowl with the onion, chilli, coriander and remaining lime juice.
- Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Fry the turkey pieces for 1-2 mins on each side, until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and drain well on kitchen paper.
- Place the rocket on the base of the roll, top with turkey pieces and tomato salsa.
- Spread the guacamole on the remaining halves of the rolls and place on top of the salsa. Serve.
- Recipe from recipes-plus.co.uk
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This tasy warm sandwich makes a filling lunch or lighter dinner
300g (10 1/2 oz) turkey breast steaks 1 large egg, lightly whisked 70g (3oz) panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) 1 avocado, peeled, stoned 2 tsp finely chopped fresh chives 1 tbsp lime juice 200g (8oz) cherry tomatoes 1 tbsp finely chopped Spanish onion 1 tsp finely chopped red chilli handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped 125ml (4 1/2 floz) light olive oil 150g (5oz) rocket 2 sourdough, wholemeal or rye rolls, halved
Time: 20 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a