- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F/ Gas Mark 6.
- Place the oil into a medium pan and add the onions and garlic.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Next add the tomatoes, water, stock cube, chilli, oregano and turkey mince.
- Mix really well and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- The mix needs to be quite firm, so it makes it easier to roll, but not too thick.
- Once thickened season well with salt.
- Place a little of the mix into one of the tortillas and then add a little cheese.
- Roll up and place into an oiled baking dish, then repeat until all are done. The tighter you can pack them the better.
- You want to leave half the turkey mix to cover all the enchiladas once wrapped.
- Spoon over the rest of the mince, add the rest of the cheese and bake for 15 minutes to brown.
- Serve with sour cream.
- Recipe copyright Phil Vickery
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Make these deliciously different enchiladas using turkey mince rather than chicken
2 tbsp oil any will do 2 small onions, peeled and chopped 2 cloves garlic chopped 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes in juice 200ml (7floz) water 1 x 10g vegetable stock cube ¼ tsp chilli powder 1 tsp dried oregano 350g (12oz) British turkey mince 8 small soft wheat or corn tortillas 200g (7oz) grated Cheddar cheese 150ml (5floz) sour cream
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a