- Preheat the oven to 200*C/fan oven 180*C/Gas mark 6. Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan and fry the onions for 8-10 minutes until golden and softened.
- Stir in the cooked turkey, thyme, Cranberry Sauce, crème fraiche, Dijon mustard and cornflour mixture and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Season to taste.
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and turn a 1.4litre (60oz) oval pie dish over onto the pastry. Cut around the rim and then cut another oval about 2cm all the way around away from the rim. Turn the pie dish over and wet the rim of the dish. Lift the 2cm thick oval strip and arrange over the rim of the dish (cutting to fit if necessary).
- Brush the strip with beaten egg. Spoon the pie filling into the dish alternatively with the stuffing balls and vegetables.
- Lift the oval of puff pastry over the pie dish and press the edges together to seal. Brush with beaten egg. Cut and twist any leftover pastry if liked into strips and arrange over the top of the pie in a lattice pattern.
- Brush with beaten egg, scatter with Parmesan, salt flakes and thyme leaves. Bake for 35-40 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
Recipe from Ocean Spray®.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Get yourself in the mood for Christmas dinner or use up left-over turkey
1 tbsp olive oil 25g/1oz butter 2 large onions, thinly sliced 550g/1lb 4oz cooked turkey, cut into chunks 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to garnish 190g Cranberry Sauce 500g carton crème fraiche 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp water 375g packet ready rolled puff pastry 1 egg, beaten 6 balls cooked stuffing or 250g/9oz leftover stuffing, cut into chunks 450g/1lb leftover cooked vegetables (roasted parsnips, Brussels sprouts and carrots) 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese (optional) Salt flakes and thyme leaves to scatter
Time: 20-25 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a