- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Cook the frozen peas in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and set aside. Cook the eggs in boiling water for 8 minutes, drain under cold water, shell and chop.
- Meanwhile, add a pinch of salt to a large pan of boiling water, add the rice and return to the boil. Stir well, reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain, set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a heavy-bottomed sauté pan.
- Fry the onions, curry paste and cumin seeds until the onion is cooked but not brown, stirring all the time (takes approx 3 minutes). Now mix in the rice, peas and tuna.
- Cover and place in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally, add the eggs, parsley and lemon juice and season to taste.
- Serve with green salad.
There's more recipe in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Cooked salmon or smoked haddock can be used instead of tuna, and chopped coriander can replace the parsley
300g (10oz) frozen peas 4 eggs 250g (8oz) long grain rice 1 tbsp olive oil 30g (1?oz) butter 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped 2 tsp mild curry paste 1 tsp cumin seeds 400g tin of tuna, drained 3 tbsp parsley, chopped Squeeze of lemon Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 532 cals,18g fat, 7g sat fat