- Cut the ends off the baguette on the diagonal
- Cut the remaining bread into 12 slices on the diagonal
- Brush one side of each slice with the olive oil and place oiled side up under apreheated hot grill until golden brown. Allow to cool
- In the meantime, skin the plum tomatoes, by cutting a small cross in the base of each tomato and place them into a bowl. Pour boiling water over the tomatoes to cover them and leave to blanch for 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon take the tomatoes out of the hot water, allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, gently peel off the tomato skins
- Cut out the stem base and cut into quarters, squeeze out the juice and the seeds and chop the tomatoes into 1⁄4 dice. Drain on kitchen paper
- Place the chopped tomatoes, chopped olives, sliced spring onions and chopped basil into a mixing bowl and season well
- Cut the garlic clove in half and rub garlic on to each slice of toasted baguette, then pipe each slice with cheese around the edge of the bread. Lay the slices on to a serving dish
- Spoon the tomato mixture on to the slices in the ,idle of the Primula Cheese circle and serve
Recipe from Primula Skinny Kitchen.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve at dinner parties as a tasty appetiser
1?2 french baguette 80g cream cheese with chives 1 garlic clove 300g fresh plum tomatoes 2 spring onions – peeled and finely sliced 50g black olives - finely chopped 1 tablespoon fresh basil – finely chopped Salt & black pepper 1 tablespoon olive oil
Time: 30 minutes Serves: 12 Nutrition: 86 Cals per serving