- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3 and place the tomato pieces, spaced out, onto a flat baking tray.
- In a small pot, mix together half of both the oil and oregano, the sugar and 1 tsp of Branston Pickle, then coat the tomato with the mixture. Bake on the top shelf for 10 mins, then turn the oven off, leaving the tomatoes inside.
- Meanwhile, preheat the griddle pan or grill to hot. In a small dish, combine both the remaining oregano oil, then brush both sides of bread with it.
- Griddle or grill the bread slices for 1 min, turning over halfway through, then set aside. Keep the griddle or grill on, turning down to a medium heat, then griddle or grill the mushrooms and halloumi slices, turning over after 1 min, then cooking for a further 1 min.
- Place a piece of bread on a chopping board and layer with the rocket, avocado, halloumi, tomatoes, mushrooms and the remaining Branston Pickle, then sprinkle with pepper.
- Top with the other slice of bread and serve or pack up for a packed lunch or picnic.
Recipe from Branston Pickle
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
This sandwich is salty, tangy and creamy!
1 tomato, quartered 20ml olive oil 2 tsp dried oregano Pinch of sugar 20g (3/4oz) Branston Pickle 2 slices of bread 2 button mushrooms, sliced 4 small slices halloumi 50g (2oz) rocket ½ avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced Ground black pepper
Time: 15 mins Serves: 1 Nutrition: n/a