- Heat oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Cut the potatoes into thin match sticks and place over two large baking trays. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, toss to coat and transfer to the oven for 25 minutes.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and chilli and cook for 5 minutes adding the garlic for the last minute.
- Place the turkey mince in a large bowl and stir through half the Thai basil, spring onion and cooked onion and chilli. Season and form into 4 patties.
- Heat the remaining ½ tbsp of oil and fry the turkey burgers over a medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking tray and add to the oven for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile place the sweetcorn, tomatoes, remaining Thai basil and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl and stir to mix. Serve the salsa with the turkey burgers and skinny fries.
Chip Week (16 – 22 February 2015) is a celebration of Chips in their many forms www.chips.lovepotatoes.co.uk
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This turkey burger with crispy chips makes a great mid-week meal
750g fluffy potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward 2 tbsp sunflower oil 1 onion, finely chopped ½ tsp dried chilli flakes 1 garlic clove, crushed 500g turkey breast mince 4 tbsp Thai basil or basil, finely chopped 4 spring onion, finely chopped 340g tinned sweetcorn, drained 150g baby plum tomatoes, quartered 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a