- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Blitz all the Thai paste ingredients together in a blender until you have a smooth paste. Rub this into the chicken thighs.
- Arrange the chicken thighs, onion, peppers and sweet potato in an ovenproof dish or roasting pan. Spray lightly with oil and grind some pepper over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 35 mins, turning the chicken and vegetables in the pan juices once or twice. Remove from the oven when the chicken is cooked right through and the vegetables are tender.
- Divide the chicken and the vegetables between two serving plates and serve immediately with a sprinkling of chopped coriander.
- Recipes from Quick & Easy Low Calorie Cookbook, published by Pavilion. Recipe photography by Clare Winfield.
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Sweet potatoes are high in potassium and can help prevent heart disease
4x60g (2¼oz) skinless, boneless chicken thighs 1 red onion, quartered 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks 150g (5½oz) sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges spray olive oil freshly ground black pepper few fresh coriander sprigs, chopped For the Thai paste: 2.5cm (1in) piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped 2 garlic cloves, peeled 1 lemongrass stalk, peeled and chopped 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced grated zest and juice of 1 lime 15g (½oz) fresh coriander, chopped
Time: 10 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: 300 cals Fat 7.5g (sat 3g)