- Start by preparing the sweet potato curry. Crush the coriander, mustard and cardamom finely in a mortar and pestle. Preheat a heavy bottomed pan, add the crushed spices and roast until they release their aroma. Then add the oil and shallots and saute? until softened and golden.
- Add the curry powder, stirring for a further minute. Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Whilst the curry is simmering, combine the teriyaki, lime, chili and coriander in a shallow dish. Add the salmon and marinade for 10-15 minutes.
- Just before you are ready to eat, preheat a frying pan to high. Remove the salmon from its marinade, patting dry with kitchen paper. Add the oil to the pan and sear the salmon, skin side down, for 3 minutes. Carefully turn the fillets over and sear for a further minute.
- Serve with the sweet potato curry, sticky jasmine rice and seared, salted chili and garlic edamame beans.
Recipe from Donald Russell.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A flavoursome way to really bring the best out of a good fillet of salmon
For the sweet potato curry: 1 tsp coriander seeds 1?2 tsp mustard seeds 4 whole cardamom pods 1 tbsp vegetable oil 1 large shallot, finely diced 1 tsp mild curry powder 800g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks 100ml chicken stock 400ml coconut milk 1 bay leaf For the salmon: 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce Juice of 1 lime 1 large red chili, deseeded and finely chopped 4-6 sprigs coriander leaves 4 salmon fillets 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a