- 400g (12oz) tagliatelle pasta
- 2 x 100g (7oz) packs asparagus tips
- 1 medium onion
- 150g (5oz) chestnut mushrooms
- 200g (7oz) lighter soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 150ml (1/2 pint) single cream
- 100ml (4fl oz) white wine
- 6g (1/2 oz) fresh parsley
- 40g (1 1/2 oz) salted butter
- 40g (1 1/2 oz) parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
- 20ml (1 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Wipe the mushrooms and chop finely. Finely chop the parsley. Melt the butter in a wok or large frying pan and sauté the onions for a minute.
- Add the chopped mushrooms then cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the soft cheese, single cream, white wine and chopped parsley. Season with some salt and pepper then cook on a low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for about 8/10 minutes as per directions on the pack.
- Cut the asparagus in half and sauté them in the olive oil for 2/3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the mushroom sauce, toss in the asparagus and gently heat through.
Time: 10 mins
This creamy dish is a perfect midweek meal. Serve with shavings of parmesan cheese, garlic bread and a simple side salad.