- Add the flour, salt, sugar and yeast to a large mixing bowl and stir together. Add the melted butter, beaten egg and warm water and mix to a soft but not sticky dough.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic. Put into a bowl and cover the top with oiled clingfilm. Leave in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Knead the dough for a second time then cut into 8 pieces. Roll each piece out to a rough shaped circle with a diameter of about 12.5cm (5 inches) with a rolling pin then put on to 2 oiled baking sheets.
- Crumble a slice of cheese over each pizza then top with the strawberries and basil leaves torn into pieces.
- Cover loosely with oiled clingfilm and leave to rise for 15-20 minutes until beginning to puff up around the edges. Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C fan assisted, Gas mark 7.
- Remove the clingfilm and drizzle the pizzas with the butter and sprinkle with the sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the pizzas are golden and the bases are dry.
- Drizzle with the balsamic glaze or vinegar and serve warm.
Recipe from Seasonal Berries.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Try this new flavour combo as a dessert rather than the usual main course
300g (11oz) strong white bread flour 1?4 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons caster sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons fast action dried yeast 25g (1oz) butter, melted 1 egg, beaten 150 ml (1?4 pint) warm water For the topping: 125g pack Abergavenny goats cheese log, cut into 8 slices 450g (1lb) strawberries, hulled, halved or quartered Handful basil leaves 25g (1oz) butter, melted 2 tablespoons caster sugar 4 teaspoons balsamic glaze or balsamic vinegar
Time: 40 minutes Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a