- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°F/Gas Mark 6. Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for around 30 mins or until completely soft inside. Scoop the flesh out and discard the skin, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until smooth then put in the fridge to cool completely.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, mixed spice and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, 270g of the yogurt and the sweet potato, then pour in the dry ingredients and whisk into a smooth thick batter.
- Brush a waffle iron liberally with groundnut oil and heat then cook the batter in batches.
- Pour the frozen berries into a small saucepan and heat until warm and defrosted.
- Plate the waffles and top with the hot berries and remaining yogurt and drizzle over a little maple syrup to serve.
Recipe from Alpro.
For more breakfast recipes grab the latest issue of Yours.
If you don't have all the ingredients in this recipe, remember you can replace the coconut yogurt for plain, the sweet potato for butternut squash and the buckwheat flour for wholemeal flour instead
500g coconut yogurt 225g of sweet potato 120g buckwheat flour 1 tsp cinnamon 2 tsp mixed spice 2 tsp baking powder ½ a tsp vanilla extract 2 large eggs 20g soft light brown sugar Groundnut oil 300g mixed frozen berries Maple syrup
Time: 45 mins Serves: 4-5 Nutrition: n/a