- Add the bulgar wheat to a heat proof bowl and pour in enough freshly boiled water to cover. Cover with a tea towel or cling film and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse well under cold running water. Set aside in a sieve hung over a bowl to ensure it drains completely.
- Meanwhile, add the sweet chilli beetroot and radishes to a mixing bowl. Finely chop all the parsley, discarding the thick stalks but including thinner ones, and add to the bowl.
- Pick the mint leaves, discarding the stalks, and finely chop. Add to the bowl, along with the chopped shallot.
- Add the drained bulgar wheat and baharat spices and stir everything together. Finally add the olive oil and lemon juice to taste, seasoning with salt and black pepper. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Preheat a griddle pan to smoking hot. Drizzle a little oil over the cheese then griddle for a couple of minutes on each side until crisp.
- Give the tabbouleh a final stir and spoon into a serving dish. Top with the halloumi and serve immediately.
Recipe from www.lovebeetroot.co.uk.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
With a nod to middle-eastern flavours this herby, beetroot salad with grilled halloumi ticks all the boxes
100g bulgur wheat 2x 180g packs Sweet Chilli Beetroot, cut into wedges 200g radishes, trimmed & quartered 2 large bunches flat leaf parsley 1 small bunch mint 1 shallot, very finely chopped 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil juice of ½-1 lemon, to taste salt & freshly ground black pepper 1 tsp baharat spice blend (available from Barts spices) 2 packs halloumi cheese, cut into 1cm slices a drizzle of olive oil to cook
Time: 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes resting Serves: 4 Nutrition: 548 Cals, 36.6g Fat, 18.5g Sat Fat