- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 4 sweet chili beetroots, cut into 1/2cm pieces
- 3 tbsp ricotta
- Pinch chives, finely chopped
- Pinch nigella seeds
- 50g (2 oz) grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 20g (¾ oz) melted butter
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the tart mix, in a bowl add the beetroot, ricotta, egg, chives, nigella seeds and half the Parmesan and mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butter 4 ramequins and set aside for later.
- Flatten the filo sheets and brush each one with melted butter.
- Fold over itself so it’s half the size, then brush with butter again.
- Rustically put each one into a ramequin, pushing down so it’s touching the bottom.
- Divide the mix between each case.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan over each one and put in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- When ready, drizzle with olive oil and either serve in the pots or lift out so it’s released from the pot.
Time: 15 mins
- Serve as a colourful starter!