- Peel the potatoes and cut each into 8. Put them into a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes cook, chop the beetroot into quarters and season the steaks.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and when it’s very hot cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side (longer if you want them well done). When the steaks are cooked to your liking, put them on a warm plate and set aside to rest.
- Once the potatoes are just tender add the beetroot to the water and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Drain the water away and add the crème fraiche to the pan. Mash everything together well until you have a smooth pink mash. Season to taste.
- Slice the steak and serve with a dollop of mash and the steamed broccoli. Pour any meat juices over.
Recipe from www.lovebeetroot.co.uk.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
With its hot pink hue and fiery beetroot kick, this lavish mash recipe tastes great, especially when served up with fillet steak and fresh green veg
400g mashing potatoes 4 sweet chilli cooked beetroot 2 fillet steaks 1tsp olive oil 4 tbsp Crème Fraiche salt and pepper To serve: 100g broccoli, steamed & tossed in lemon juice and olive oil
Time: 5 minutes Serves: 2 Nutrition: 634 Cals, 28.1g Fat, 14.3g Sat Fat