- Add the lentils to a saucepan with 600ml of water. Bring to the boil then add the vegtable stock cube. Leave to simmer uncovered on a high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until the lentils are cooked and the water is almost completely absorbed. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly, then drain well.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Chop the cherry tomatoes in half and place in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over
pepper and drizzle with olive oil, then cook in the oven for 10 mins.
- Place a griddle pan on a high heat. Slice the halloumi into 0.5cm (¼in) thick slices and griddle until a little charred and soft. Break up into smaller pieces.
- Mix the lentils, tomatoes and halloumi with the olive oil, garlic and lemon juice and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Assemble the salad in four kilner jars and top with the pumpkin seeds, rocket and courgette ribbons. When ready to eat, stir the courgette and seeds into the lentils to coat in the dressing and enjoy.
Recipe from The Little Book of Lunch by Caroline Craig, Sophie Missing and Knorr.
For more recipes grab the latest copy of Yours magazine.
A gluten-free salad full of flavour that's perfect for sunny days packed in a picnic hamper
250g cherry tomatoes Black pepper 2 tbsp olive oil plus extra to drizzle 200g green lentils 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Cube 250g halloumi 1 garlic clove, crushed 4 handfuls of rocket Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds 1 courgette, peeled into ribbons 4 kilner jars
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a