- To make the pastry, add the flour and butter to a bowl and rub in the butter with fingertips or an electric mixer until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in the sugar, then add the ricotta, vanilla and egg yolks and mix to a soft dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C fan assisted, Gas 5. Mix the fruits together in a bowl and the sugar and cornflour in a second small bowl.
- Tear off a large sheet of non-stick baking paper and dust with a little flour. Roll out the chilled pastry on the paper until a rough shaped circle about 33cm (13 inches) in diameter.
- Lift the pastry, still on the paper on to a 23cm (9inch) shallow loose bottomed flan tin. Pile the fruit into the centre then fold and pleat the pastry over the fruit, peeling away some of the paper as you fold the pastry and leaving the centre of the pie uncovered.
- Bake the galette for about 30 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and crisp around the edges. Lift the pie out of the tart tin, holding the edges of the paper, then fold the paper flat. Glaze the fruit with the jam and dust the top of the pie with a little sugar. Cut into wedges and serve hot with custard.
Cook’s tip: If you find the pastry a little tricky to roll out even after chilling, then cover the top with a second piece of non-stick baking paper and roll out between this paper like sandwich, then peel off when the right size.
Recipe from Seasonal Berries.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A perfect dessert to follow a family Sunday roast. Any leftovers taste equally good cold too.
225g (8oz) plain flour, plus a little extra for dusting 50g (2oz) butter, diced 50g (2oz) caster sugar 100g (4oz) ricotta cheese 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 4 egg yolks For the filling: 225g (8oz) strawberries, hulled, halved or quartered 400g (14oz) mixed blackberries, raspberries and blueberries 3 tablespoons caster sugar, plus a little extra to decorate 2 teaspoons cornflour 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
Time: 30 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a