- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with damp kitchen paper, then carefully remove and dice the stems.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. When hot, add the mushroom stems, onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, peppers, chilli and rosemary and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the cottage cheese. Season to taste and stir well.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the spinach mixture, spread them out on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Arrange the mushrooms on a platter and garnish with rosemary sprigs to serve.
- Recipes taken from A Slimming World Christmas, which is available from all Slimming World groups at the price of £4.95. To find your nearest Slimming World group visit www.slimmingworld.com or call 0844 897 8000. Photos: A Slimming World Christmas/Lara Holmes.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These giant mushrooms filled with cottage cheese, spinach and roasted red peppers, make a sensational vegetarian starter
8 large portobello mushrooms low calorie cooking spray 1 small onion, finely chopped 4 garlic cloves, crushed small bag of baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped 3 bottled roasted red peppers in brine, rinsed and roughly chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus sprigs to garnish 4 tbsp low fat natural cottage cheese salt and freshly ground black pepper
Time: 15 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a