- Line a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form, slowly add the sugar, rose water, vinegar, corn flour and whisk again until the mix becomes very thick and shiny.
- Gently fold in half of the pistachios then carefully spoons the mixture onto the lined baking sheet, forming a circle and working the mixture outwards to form an edge and leaving a slight dip in the centre.
- Drop the oven temperature to 150C/300F/ Gas Mark 2 and bake for 1 hour, then turn off the oven, leaving the meringue in there to cool. If you have time, make the meringue the night before, and leave it in the cooling oven overnight. The parchment should pull away easily now and you can place the meringues on a plate.
- Whip the cream adding in the icing sugar and spread generously over the cooled meringue.
- Scatter the strawberires over the top, arrange the whole strawberries in the centre, sprinkle with the rest of the pistachios and finally scatter with the rose petals and serve.
Recipe from www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This gorgeous pavlova is easy to make and is a real showstopper!
6 large egg whites 250g caster sugar 1 tsp rose water extract 1 tsp white wine vinegar 1 tsp corn flour 100g crushed pistachios 475ml double cream 1 tbsp icing sugar 450g strawberries cut in half (keep 3-4 whole strawberries aside to garnish) handful of pale pink rose petals
Time: 25 mins Serves: 8 Nutrition: n/a