- Brush the griddle pan with the tsp of oil and fry the pancetta until crispy brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Having removed the tough ends, add the asparagus spears to the hot pan, turning every so often and cook for 3-4 minutes so they are nicely charred.
- Remove and place in a warm dish.
- Using an empty jam jar, put all the dressing ingredients in together and with the lid on, shake vigorously to emulsify the vinaigrette.
- Scatter the warm pancetta over the asparagus followed by the strawberries and crumbled goats' cheese, sprinkle with the toasted almonds and drizzle with ginger dressing.
- Season well with salt black pepper and serve.
Recipe from www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk
A little ginger preserve, a dash of vinegar & olive oil mixed together are perfect drizzle on top of the salad with lots of black pepper
For the salad: 1 tsp olive oil 100g of smoked pancetta 500g asparagus 400g strawberries halved 50g sliced almonds, toasted 100g English goats' cheese For the dressing: 1 tbsp ginger preserve 1 small lemon, juiced 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil salt and pepper
Time: 5 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a