- Pre-heat the oven to 140°C/275°F/Gas Mark 1. Grease and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites in a very clean bowl until stiff. Add the sugar, very slowly, until it is fully mixed in.
- Pipe the meringue mixture into a large circle on the baking tray. Bake in the oven for approximately one hour, then switch the oven off and leave the meringue in the oven until cool.
- In a bowl whisk the cream until stiff and fold in the icing sugar. Finely chop the lavender flower heads and fold into the cream. Chill the mixture in the fridge.
- Hull and finely chop all the strawberries and place half of them in a blender. Blend until completely pureed and pass through a sieve in order to remove the seeds.
- Break the meringues into small pieces and place in a bowl. Add all the other elements and mix together. Spoon into bowls or vintage tea cups to serve, decorated with extra lavender flowers.
Recipe by www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk
There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday
The addition of aromatic, fresh lavender flower heads to strawberries and fresh cream, mixed with meringues, is the perfect taste of summer
3 egg whites 175g (6oz) caster sugar 500ml (1pt) double cream 2 tbsp icing sugar 4 lavender flower heads, and a few extra for decoration 400g (14oz) strawberries
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a