- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl mix the strawberries and blackberries with the brandy and allow to sit.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in the baking powder, sugar and salt. In a separate, dish whisk the eggs, vanilla and cream together then slowly add the mix to the flour, stirring until you have a smooth batter.
- Place the brandied fruit into the greased dish arranging it so that the rounded sides of the strawberries face upwards and pour the batter over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes until puffed up and golden brown, Remove from the oven, dust with the icing sugar and serve.
Recipes from www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve this fruity dessert with a dollop of crème fraîche
a little butter for greasing 150g (5oz) Sweet Eve strawberries, halved 150g (5oz) blackberries 1 tbsp brandy 60g (2 1/2 oz) plain flour 1\2 level tsp baking powder 100g (4oz) caster sugar pinch salt 3 large free range eggs 1\2 tsp vanilla extract 250ml (9floz) single cream icing sugar for dusting
Time: 15 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a