- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6. and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to fit the baking tray and use a knife to score a 2cm border around the edge without cutting through the pastry completely.
- Prick the pastry all over inside the border, brush with whisked egg mixture and bake for 12-15 minutes then remove and push down the base inside the border and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the creme fraiche, eggs and yolk and the parmesan together, lightly season, them empty the filling onto the chilled pastry, ensuring that none goes over the border.
- Arrange the asparagus tips and the strawberries over the mixture and using a pastry brush, cover the border with the whisked egg mix and gently brush the asparagus and strawberries too. Sprinkle with the crushed peppercorns.
- Bake for about 20-25 mins until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is cooked.
Recipes from www.sweetevestrawberry.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
This recipe is quick and easy - using bought puff pastry it's a twist on a classic quiche.
1 tbsp flour for dusting 250g ready roll puff pastry 1 whisked whole large egg, for glazing 75g asparagus tips 150g Sweet Eve strawberries, washed and halved 4 tbsp crème fraiche 2 large eggs, plus 1 extra yolk 10 crushed pink peppercorns 50g Parmigiano cheese, grated salt & pepper
Time: 10 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a