- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Grease and line a 20cm spring form cake tin with greaseproof paper. Melt 75g of the butter and mix with the oatcakes, then spoon into the tin and flatten. Chill for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk and mustard for 1-2 mins. Add the Stilton and breadcrumbs, season and stir until most of the cheese has melted. Allow to cool for 15 mins then beat in the egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff then fold into the sauce. Spoon over the oatcake base and bake for 50 minutes until just set, covering with foil after 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a pan and fry the parsnip, carrots and shallots for 5-6 mins. Pour over the orange zest and juice and the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins, until the vegetables are tender and most of the juice has been absorbed. Stir in the cranberry sauce and cook for a further 3 mins.
- To serve, spoon the cooked vegetables over the cheesecake and scatter with parsley.
Recipes from Morrisons
For more tasty recipes see Yours magazine, out every fortnight.
A great vegetarian alternative for Christmas Day
150g (5oz) Butter 150g (5oz) Oatcakes 300ml (12floz) Semi-skimmed milk 2 tsp Dijon mustard 150g (5oz) Blue Stilton, crumbled 75g (3oz) Fresh white breadcrumbs 3 Eggs, separated 1 large Parsnip, peeled and cut into batons 175g (6oz) Chantenay carrots, trimmed and halved lengthways 4 small Shallots, peeled and halved 1 Orange, juice and finely grated zest only 300ml (12floz) Vegetable stock, hot, made from a cube 2 tbsp Cranberry sauce 1 small handful Flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Time: 25 mins Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a