- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Place the pastry in a tart tin, pushing the pastry well into the corners.
- Place a piece of baking paper on top then cover with baking beans or rice, pushing them into the corners too. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is pale golden and sandy to touch.
- Mix the eggs and cream together and pour into the pastry shell. Sprinkle over the butternut squash and stilton and dollop with the chutney.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until set. Leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Recipe from The English Provender Co.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The vegetarian quiche is easy to prepare whenever the urge to picnic takes hold
1 packet short crust pastry 3 free-range eggs 150ml double cream 220g packet prepared butternut squash, finely chopped, covered with water and cooked for 6 minutes in the microwave then drained (or roasted in the oven for 30 minutes) 100g stilton, crumbled 6 tbsp English Provender Co. Apple, Pear and Fig chutney Salad, to serve
Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4-6 Nutrition: n/a