- Preheat the oven 160c/gas mark 4
- Place the ribs, star anise and cinnamon in a large roasting tin. Pour in enough cola to cover the ribs.
- Cover with foil and roast for 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Place the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Remove the ribs form the oven, drain and cool.
- Brush the ribs liberally with the sticky marinade, cover and place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Cook on medium hot coals, turning and basting regularly until the ribs are dark and sticky (alternatively cook under a medium hot grill).
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
Recipe from Clarks Maple Syrup.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A gooey and gorgeous barbecue treat
2 racks of British pork spare ribs 2 star anise 2 cinnamon sticks 1 litre Cola For the Marinade: 125g hoisin sauce 75g tomato puree 35g tomato ketchup 3 tablespoons Clarks Maple Syrup 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce 2 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated (optional) 2 cloves garlic, finely grated Juice of 2 limes 2 pinches of chilli powder French parsley to garnish
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a