For the chicken
4 tbsp tomato purée
4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp mustard
½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
10 chicken wings
For the dip:
5 spring onions, roughly chopped
3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
100g sour cream
100g crème fraîche
75g mild blue cheese
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan.
- Combine all of the chicken sauce ingredients in a small pan and bubble for a few minutes until it becomes thick. Put the chicken wings into a dish and pour the sauce over, toss well so the chicken is completely coated. Tip into a roasting dish and cook for 35-40 minutes, turning and basting twice during cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking whizz together all of the dip ingredients in a blender until combined but not completely smooth. Taste and season. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a serving platter with a bowl of blue cheese sauce and some celery sticks and Little Gem wedges for dipping.
- Recipe from Love the Crunch
- For more great recipes see Yours Magazine, out every fortnight, on a Tuesday.
Make sure you have plenty of celery and little gem lettuce wedges to hand to scoop up the last drops of the delicious dip
Time: 10 mins
Serves: 3-4 (as a starter
Nutrition: 306 calories, 22.6 sugars, 32.3 fat, (sat fat 17.6)