- Pat dry 1 fillet steak, about 200g (7oz), with kitchen paper and season with salt. Leave to rest for 15 minutes. Cook in a hot frying pan or griddle pan for 4-6 mins each side, depending on how you prefer your steak cooked.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest while you toast 4 slices of rustic bread. Rub the surface of the toasted bread gently with 1 clove of garlic. Put the toast on a serving plate, drizzle with 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil then place some salad leaves on each slice.
- Slice the steak thinly and place a few slices on top of the leaves on each piece of toast. Finish with a little pepper and the other slice of toast and serve.
- Recipe from www.lakeland.co.uk
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Quick, easy and oh-so satisfying!
1 fillet steak, about 200g (7oz) 4 slices of rustic bread 1 clove of garlic 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil Salad leaves, to serve
Time: 5 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: 423 cals Fat 19.5g (sat fat 3g)