- Cook the lasagne sheets in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 mins, or according to the packet instructions, until tender. Remove the sheets carefully with a slotted spoon so as not to break them, and drain well.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a saucepan with a teaspoonful of water and cook over a medium heat for 2 mins, stirring and shaking the pan, until it wilts and turns bright green. Drain well, pressing it down with a saucer in a colander to extract all the moisture. Mix with the soft cheese, nutmeg, lemon zest, sunblush tomatoes and pepper, then season with salt to taste, if needed.
- Preheat the grill. Steam the courgettes for a few mins until just tender, then remove from the heat. Boil or steam the asparagus for about 6 mins until just tender. Drain.
- Grill the cherry tomatoes for a few mins until softened and slightly charred.
- Cut each pasta sheet in half. Place one piece on each serving plate and spread with a little of the spinach mixture and some courgette and asparagus. Cover with another sheet of lasagne and continue layering up in this way, so you end up with four sheets in each stack.
- Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar over the top of each stack and garnish with chives. Serve immediately with the grilled cherry tomatoes.
- Recipes from Quick & Easy Low Calorie Cookbook, published by Pavilion. Recipe photography by Clare Winfield.
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The tomatoes, asparagus and spinach in this dish are packed with heart protecting properties
4x20g (¾oz) sheets fresh or dried lasagne 250g (9oz) baby spinach leaves 200g (7oz) extra-light soft cheese A pinch of grated nutmeg Grated zest of 1 lemon 15g (½oz) sun blush tomatoes, drained and chopped Salt and freshly ground black pepper 200g (7oz) baby courgettes, sliced lengthways 200g (7oz) asparagus, trimmed 2x100g (3½oz) bunches of cherry tomatoes on the vine Good balsamic vinegar, for drizzling A few fresh chives, to garnish
Time: 15 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: 300 cals Fat 7g (sat fat 3g)