- 300g (11 oz) new potatoes
- 100g (3½ oz) fresh peas, podded or frozen
- 100g (3½ oz) broad beans, podded and shelled or frozen
- 6 large free range eggs
- 3 tbsp mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20g (¾ oz) unsalted butter
- 4 salad onions, thinly sliced
- 4 baby courgettes, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g (3½ oz) feta, crumbled
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Cook the new potatoes in a pan of water for 12-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and, when cool, slice thinly.
- Cook the peas and broad beans in boiling water for 2 minutes (or 4-5 if from frozen) then drain and refresh under cold water.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl with the mint, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 24cm non-stick frying pan. Add the courgettes cook for 1-2 minutes then add the potatoes, onions and garlic, cook for 3-4 minutes, until beginning brown. Stir in the peas and broad beans, keeping 10g of each for the salad.
- Preheat the grill. Pour the whisked egg over the vegetables and crumble over the feta, keeping 20g of feta for the salad. Cook over a gentle heat for 10-12 minutes until almost set. Transfer the pan to the grill and cook for 3-5 mins until the top is golden and cooked through.
- Place a plate or board over the top of the pan so that the frittata falls onto the plate. Slice into wedges and serve with the salad.
Time: 20 mins
Serve with a side salad for a light meal, or cut into wedges and keep as a lunch alternative to sandwiches!