- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Grate the rind from the lemon and then the juice and mix together in a bowl the garlic, rosemary, wine, honey, mustard, lemon rind and juice – season with some salt and black pepper.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin and rub over the honey and wine mixture.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat too 180°C and roast for another 70-80 minutes, depending on how pink you like it (baste the lamb frequently during cooking).
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the gravy: Strain away any fat from the roasting pan and use the meat juices when you make your gravy with the Quixo granules.
- Cook the asparagus in some boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, then drain.
- Serve the lamb on a bed of asparagus, sprinkled with some chopped parsley, sea salt and black pepper.
Recipe from Aldi.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
The staple of an Easter Sunday roast
1 leg of lamb (2.2-2.8kg) 60ml Grandessa Runny Honey 1 tsp Trois Lys Dijon Mustard 2 sprigs fresh rosemary 5g fresh parsley, finely chopped 1 lemon 200ml white wine 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced 3 x 125g packs specially selected asparagus tips Quixo meat gravy granules Sea salt and black pepper
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 6 Nutrition: n/a