- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, de-seeded
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oat flour*
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- In a food processor, pulse the cooked lentils, scallions, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro & tomato paste together. The consistency should be chunky, not a paste
- Remove from the processor and scoop out and into a bowl
- Add 1 egg and the oat flour. Using a whisk or large spoon, mix the ingredients together well
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Place the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out 10-12 lentil balls from the bowl with an ice cream scoop or spoon. Use your hands to help mold the balls. Place the balls on parchment paper as you go
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another 5 minutes
- On the stove, cook these balls in 1 cup of tomato sauce for 5 minutes
- Enjoy over pasta, salads, or in a sandwich!
Preparation time: 15 mins, plus refrigerating
If you won’t be eating them all up all at once you can freeze in an airtight container and re-heat in the oven or on the stovetop!