- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tbsps Flora cuisine in a large, deep frying pan over a high heat. Add in chicken and fry for 5 minutes, until lightly browned on all sides. Lift the chicken pieces out of the pan onto a plate.
- Add remaining Flora Cuisine to the frying pan and heat through. Fry the onion slices, stirring, until softened but without browning.
- Meanwhile, make the ginger and chilli base. In a food processor, blend together the garlic, tomatoes, ginger and chilli until smooth.
- Add the tomato puree to the onions in the pan. Fry for another 2 minutes then add the ginger and chilli mixture. Crumble in the stock cube, stir, then pour in 600ml boiling water.
- Add the browned chicken pieces to the pan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the rice to the same pan, reduce to a simmer, cover with foil and a lid so that no steam can escape and cook over a very low heat for 20 minutes.
- Take the lid off and scatter the sliced peppers and okra over the rice.
- Cover and cook for 10–15 minutes until the vegetables are softened and the rice tender.
- Just before serving mix the vegetables through the rice and scatter over coriander.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve this simple, tasty all-in-one curry recipe with an onion salad
For the curry: 8 skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets cut into large pieces salt and pepper 3 tbsp Flora Cuisine 1 Large onion, halved and thinly sliced 3 tbsp tomato puree 1 chicken stock cube 400g basmati rice, rinsed three times in cold water to remove excess starch 1 red pepper, sliced 1 yellow pepper, sliced 100g okra, halved 1 bunch of corriander, roughly chopped, to serve Ginger and chilli base: 2 cloves garlic, peeled 400g cans plum tomatoes 3 cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled 600ml boiling water 1 Scotch bonnet chilli deseeded
Time: 25 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a