- Peel, core and dice the Bramleys then cook with the sugar and spices until they are just softening. Stir in the raisins.
- Cut the filo in to strips about 10-12 cm wide. Lay one sheet in front of you then brush with butter.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of apple at the top of the pastry.
- Bring the left hand top corner over the apple to make a triangle and then keep folding like this until you have a triangular parcel.
- Stir together the sugar and cinnamon and have ready on a plate.
- Heat the oil in a large pan then fry the samosa until golden and crispy.
- Dip the samosa in to the sugar then serve with cream or ice cream.
Borough Market’s Apple Day celebration will take place on Sunday 26th October 2014 in the Green Market between 12pm and 4pm. For more information about Borough Market visit www.boroughmarket.org.uk.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve these crispy golden sweet samsoas with cream or ice cream
4 Bramley apples 100g sugar 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander 1/2 teaspoon ground clove 75g raisins 8-10 sheets filo pastry 75g butter, melted 500ml oil for frying 50g caster sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Time: 20 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a