- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl, add the sugar and salt and stir to mix.
- Make a well in the centre, crack in the egg and whisk, gradually drawing in the flour from the edge. Add the milk, Guinness & treacle gradually, whisking all the time, to form a smooth batter.
- Lightly grease a frying pan and warm it over a moderate heat. Drop 3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan, keeping them apart so they don’t stick together.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface and begin to burst and the drop scones are golden underneath.
- Then flip them over and cook on the other side for a minute or so, until golden on this side as well.
- Remove from the pan and serve warm with spiced pumpkin and crumbled goats cheese.
- For the pumpkin put the diced pumpkin on a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil. Toast the seeds and grind them with the chilli to a powder and sprinkle on the pumpkin. Roast at 180c for until the pumpkin is soft and season with salt & pepper.
- Serve a tablespoon of the pumpkin on a warm drop scone and top of with some crumbled goats cheese. If desired top with blueberries to serve.
Recipes from www.guinness-storehouse.com
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
These savoury pumpkin pancakes can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner
150 g self raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 25 g caster sugar pinch of salt 2 eggs 80ml milk 1 tbsp of black treacle 50ml Guinness Vegetable oil 500g diced pumpkin flesh 1 tsp of coriander seeds 1 tsp of fennel seeds ½ tsp of chilli powder Olive oil Salt & pepper
Time: 15 mins Serves: 1-2 Nutrition: n/a