To make the pork belly
- Score the skin of the pork with a sharp knife then turn and repeat in opposite direction.
- Crush cloves, juniper and mix with the salt and other spices and rub in to the skin
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight
- Heat oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Rub off the salt with kitchen paper and place in roasting tray skin side up and cook for 35mins then lower the temperature to 130 degrees Celsius and cook for a further 50mins.
To make the roasted root vegetable salad
- Peel and cut the veg into bite size pieces
- Heat a medium size roasting tray over medium heat and drizzle with a little oil
- Add the veg and colour all over for about 4-5 mins
- Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and mix the ought he veg while warm and serve
- Serve with some apple sauce on the side
- Recipe from Monica Galetti on the Organic. Naturally Different Campaign.
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A hearty supper suggestion that's great for a New Year dinner party
800g Organic Pork Belly 2 Cloves 1/4 tsp Cinnamon 1/4 tsp Nutmeg 3 Juniper Berries 40g Sea Salt 1 Medium Organic Sweet Potato 2 Organic Parsnips 4 Small Organic Beetroot 1 Organic Red Onion 2 Organic Garlic Cloves halved 1tsp Wholegrain Mustard 20ml Rapeseed Oil 10ml White Wine Vinegar 1tsp Honey 1tbsp Chopped Sage
Time: 50 minutes plus cooling Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a