- Prepare the lentils by rinsing and boiling for 10 mins then simmering until soft, or buy ready prepared.
- Fry the onion and garlic, then add the spices and kale, and cook until soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the cubed potato in the oil in a hot oven until they are very soft.
- Cut the pitta bread lengthways and add the mixture.
- Sprinkle with the grated mature cheddar and grill for 4 mins.
Recipe from www.pilgrimschoice.com
The perfect combination of aromatic species and Arabian flavours makes these exotic treats great for entertaining family and friends
2 sweet potatoes (cubed) Oil 2 cloves of garlic 1/2 teaspoon cumin 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon Chilli (to taste) 1/2 cup puy lentils 1 onion Wholemeal pitta bread 1/2 bag of kale 100g (2oz) mature cheddar (grated)
Time: 10 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a