- Add the milk, spices and clementine zest to a small saucepan and gently bring to the boil over a low heat (this should take around 5 mins).
- Once boiled, remove the milk from the heat and allow the spices to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain the milk and spice mixture through a sieve and pour into another saucepan.
- Add the porridge oats and maple syrup to the milk mixture and bring to the boil.
- Once boiled, simmer for 4-5 minutes until creamy.
- Top with a spoonful of your favourite cranberry sauce and a sprinkling of cinnamon to serve.
- Recipe from www.flahavans.ie
- There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Bring the flavour of a chai tea to your morning porridge
50g (2oz) porridge oats 350ml (12floz) semi-skimmed milk 3 juniper berries/spice berries 1 thin slice ginger, peeled and chopped 1 cinnamon stick ¼ tsp nutmeg Pinch ground clove Zest of 1 clementine 2 tbsp maple syrup 1 heaped tsp cranberry sauce
Time: 5 mins Serves: 1 Nutrition: n/a