- Thaw prawns, and drain any excess liquid.
- Boil a pan of water. Add the rice, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs. Heat the sunflower oil in a wok, add the eggs and carefully stir to scramble. Remove from the wok and set aside while cooking the vegetables.
- Pour the sesame oil into the wok, then add the spring onions and pepper. Stir fry for a minute. Add the peas and prawns and continue stir frying until cooked through.
- Drain the rice and mix into the wok, along with the chilli flakes. Add the scrambled eggs and continue stirring until ready to serve, with soy sauce if preferred.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Use regular frozen prawns to keep the cost of this meal down
250g (9oz) frozen, cooked king prawns 250g (9oz) long grain white rice 3 eggs 2 tbsp sunflower oil 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced 1 large red pepper, deseeded and chopped 100g (3.5 oz) frozen peas Generous pinch dried chilli flakes Soy sauce, to serve
Time: 10 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: 463 cals, fat 15g, sat fat 2.7g