- Steam the trout for 6-8 mins until opaque and the flesh flakes when pushed with a finger.
- Remove the skin and place the fish in a self-seal plastic bag.
- Insert the smoke tube and seal the bag as much as possible.
- Using tea instead of wood chips, light the smoking gun and smoke the fish for 20 seconds, remove the tube then seal the bag completely. Leave to rest for about 15 mins.
- Put all the other ingredients, except the salt, into a small food processor bowl, add the trout then process for 15-20 seconds using a pulse setting until the pâté has blended
- Check and add salt to taste, garnish with a small sprig of dill and serve.
Recipe from www.lakeland.co.uk
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Serve with toast and lemon wedges as a starter or as a light lunch with a salad
300g (10 1/2 oz) trout fillet 1 tsp black tea leaves 100g crème fraîche 3 tsp chopped horseradish Zest and juice of half a lemon 2-3 sprigs dill, main stems removed, plus extra to garnish Salt, to taste
Time: 15 mins Serves: 4 Nutrition: n/a