- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 mins until cooked and tender. Drain in a colander and leave to cool.
- Mash the potatoes, removing any lumps. Put the mashed potato in a bowl with the smoked salmon, capers, spring onions, chilli, herbs, salt and pepper, lime zest and juice, and the beaten egg and mix well together.
- Divide the mixture in half and, using your hands, shape each portion into a fishcake. Dust lightly with flour, then cover and chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook the fishcakes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the garlic and lime mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan lightly with oil and cook the fishcakes over a medium heat for 4-5 mins on each side until they are piping hot and golden brown.
- Serve immediately with the garlic and lime mayonnaise, salad leaves and cherry tomatoes tossed in vinaigrette.
- Recipes from Quick & Easy Low Calorie Cookbook, published by Pavilion. Recipe photography by Clare Winfield.
- There are more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Smoked salmon is an oily fish and high in fat, but it's the healthy omega-3 sort, which is good for your heart!
200g (7oz) potatoes, peeled and diced 50g (1¾oz) smoked salmon trimmings, roughly chopped 1 tbsp chopped capers 2 spring onions finely chopped 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped A few fresh dill sprigs, finely chopped A few fresh chives, snipped Salt and freshly ground black pepper Grated zest and juice of ½ lime ½ beaten egg Plain flour, for dusting Spray oil For the garlic and lime mayonnaise: 2 tbsp extra-light mayonnaise 1 garlic clove, crushed Grated zest and juice of ½ lime To serve: Salad leaves 100g (3½oz) cherry tomatoes, halved 2 tsp oil-free vinaigrette dressing
Time: 15 mins Serves: 2 Nutrition: 200 cals Fat 4.5g (sat fat 1.52g)