- Preheat the grill. Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing, season well and set aside. Coarsely grate the carrot and beetroot.
- Toast the bagel halves then spread the two bases with half of the cream cheese each.
- Peel the skin off the mackerel fillet and carefully pull it into flakes, discarding any bones as you do so.
- Top with the mackerel flakes, then scatter some of the beetroot and carrot on top followed by the cress.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top then put the other bagel half on top.
Recipe from the New York Bakery Co.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A tasty lunchtime snack that packs in healthy omega 3 too
1 small carrot 1 small beetroot 2 New York Bakery Co wholemeal bagels, each cut in half 3 tbsp cream cheese 1 smoked mackerel fillet A handful of cress For the dressing: 2 tsp wholegrain mustard 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp lemon juice Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 2 Nutrition: n/a