- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6. Lay the pastry onto a floured surface, sprinkle half of the cheese over the right hand side of the pastry then fold the left hand side over so you have a seam of cheese running through the pastry.
- Roll the pastry out gently until it’s large enough to line a flan tin (approx. 24cm/9.5in) and hang over the sides.
- Once the pastry is in the tin, gently press it into the corners, taking care not to rip it. Leave the excess hanging over the sides.
- Line it with baking paper then fill with baking beans. Put it onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 mins until the surface starts to look dry. Remove the beans and greaseproof and bake for a further 15 mins until it’s golden brown. (Keep an eye on it and if the pastry starts to puff up, put the baking beans back in and cook for another 5 mins before removing again to continue baking).
- While the pastry is cooking, put the fish onto a plate, cover with clingfilm and microwave for 2 mins until it’s cooked and starts to flake. Heat the butter in a frying pan until it bubbles and gently cook the spring onions with some black pepper until they’re soft and golden.
- Once the pastry is cooked, carefully cut away the excess pastry so you have a neat edge. Flake the fish into the case, scatter in the spring onions and the chopped parsley. Beat together the eggs, Crème Fraîche and Dijon with some salt and pepper and add that to the dish too. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Turn the oven down to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas mark 4. Return the tart to the oven for 35 mins until it’s golden and has a slight wobble in the middle. Serve warm or cold
Recipe from www.yeovalley.co.uk.
There's more recipes in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
A great spring tart to serve with salad and a handful of wedges
1 pack ready rolled shortcrust pastry 100g cheddar cheese, grated 300g smoked haddock fillet Bunch spring onions, sliced Knob butter 3 eggs 400g Crème Fraîche 2 tsp Dijon mustard Small bunch of parsley
Time: Total time: 1 hr 10 minutes Serves: 6-8 Nutrition: n/a